SYNERGY is a new long life copper antifouling that has taken four years to develop and perfect. It has all of the advantages of epoxy-copper antifoulings but by using a new water born thermoset resin binder it avoids the problems of unreliable performance and occasional failures that beset all epoxy bound copper antifoulings.
SYNERGY is unique because unlike epoxy resins its binder is inherently permeable, meaning the rate of copper leaching can be controlled.Key Features or SYNERGY
- Inherently permeable resin technology makes SYNERGY always effective, even in the most severe fouling conditions.
- Suitable for use in all waters of the world.
- High copper content produces a dry film containing 80% of pure copper. It does not contain additional biocides that would leach out in a year or two.
- Very long life - up to 10 years when correctly applied.
- Does not require abrading.
- Two modes of operation provide a self cleaning effect that prolongs service periods.
- Economical - provides the lowest long term cost of any antifouling system.
- Almost maintenance free - only requires pressure washing during haul out.
- Extends the period between slipping because SYNERGYs self-cleaning property helps it remain clean for longer than other products.
- Provides a very hard, tough and abrasion-resistant surface
- Can be polished if required when used on racing yachts.
- Easy to repair damaged areas.
- Can be applied in temperatures from 5degC to 40degC and up to 90% humidity.
- Approved by HSE No. 9779
PRIMER: Must be applied to a coat of SAFEGUARD TC epoxy tie coat
COVERAGE: 3.4m sq/l (for four coats)